t: 01933 315683
e: sales@gdproperty.co.uk

Why Choose Us?

When you decide to let your property, you can give yourself peace of mind by employing the services of a reputable agent.

As a member firm of ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) you can be assured that our standards are of the highest.

Your property will be let under an assured shorthold tenancy which will normally run for six months and then be subject to review.

Next Action

Contact us now and we will send you a copy of our Guide for Landlords. We can also arrange an appointment for our representative to visit you at the property.

If you would like to speak to us,
call 01933 315683

Landlords Responsibilities

In general, there is a requirement that Landlords must ensure their properties and contents are safe and do not represent a hazard or danger to the tenants. In particular, there are certain legal requirements which are :-

  • Gas Safety Certificate
    It is a legal requirement for Landlords of properties with gas appliances to have an annual gas safety check made by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
  • EPC - Energy Performance Certificate
    Every rental property must have an EPC commissioned before we are able to market the property. It is a requirement that the EPC is available to anyone viewing the property. We will be happy to arrange this for you.
  • Electrical Safety Check
    It is recommended that electrical installations are checked periodically for safety.
  • Furniture
    All upholstered furniture must comply with fire safety standards and with certain exceptions, have a permanent label showing they meet with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988.
  • Insurance
    It is the Landlords responsibility to insure the property and his contents.
  • Mortgage
    If the property is mortgaged, you should notify your mortgage lender of your intention to let the property.
  • Tenancy Deposit Protection
    Under the Housing Act 2004, all Landlords and Agents who take a deposit from a Tenant, must protect that deposit within one of the three Government authorised schemes.